When you are 16 years old and/or 6 months has transpired since you received your Permit, you may now schedule and take your Driver’s License Test by calling the DMV at (800) 777-0133 or at the DMV website.
DMV License Test — Materials Needed:
• Provide proof of driver education/driver training completion (yellow certificate, DMV form OL 238).
NOTE: There is a replacement fee of $20 if lost or misplaced.
• Your Drivers Permit which has been in possession for over 6 months
• Provide a parent’s signature on your instruction permit indicating that you have completed 50 hours of supervised driving (10 hours must be at night)
• Provide proof of insurance (for the vehicle, not necessarily for the student driver)
• Provide proof of vehicle registration